Home Insurance Update
Many homeowners have experienced premium increases. Our agency works very hard to bring our clients the best possible combination of premiums, coverage and service.
What Can We Do To Help?
We are an independent agency. This allows us to search the market for the best possible combination of premiums, coverage and service. We compare insurance company’s rates and use the competitive market to your advantage. Here are some ways to save on your premiums:
- Purchase all your insure through our agency
- Ask us about additional discounts
- Consider increasing your deductible
- Keep your home well maintained
- Replace your roof, water heater and other equipment when needed
- Review your policy regularly- you may not need the same kind of coverage you did a few years ago
Remember to call our office today. We will work hard for you.
The Most Common Holiday Theft Losses
We are in the middle of the holiday season. While you are out shopping for that perfect gift, criminals are also out looking for ways to enhance their holiday take. While your personal insurance will most likely cover losses from theft, we thought it might be good to identify the most common holiday theft losses.
Now might be a good time to have us review your personal insurance. Stop in and have some coffee while we review your homeowner’s insurance coverage.
Theft From Vehicles
While you are in the store, criminals are in the parking lot looking for easy ways to get into your vehicle. Keep all packages in the trunk; always lock your car, park close to the store, and in a well-lit area.
Home burglaries increase in December, due to people traveling and an increased number of easy targets. When you leave your home, keep lights on, close your drapes, and never leave packages on your front porch. Thieves will follow delivery trucks waiting for an opportunity to strike. Most online retailers send emails and text messages so purchasers know almost immediately when a package has been delivered.
When you are shopping, never leave your purse in the shopping cart, keep your purse closed, only take the credit cards you need, and leave other cards and documents at home. Don’t carry a lot of cash and wait until asked to produce your credit card so a nearby thief can’t get your account information.
Online shopping has become as big as direct shopping. Make sure to use secure websites and log off when completing any purchases.
Personal Insurance and Safety Update
Halloween is over and that means we are in the middle of the holiday season. During the next 60 days, we will all be busy shopping, eating out, and traveling. Thieves know that the police are overloaded during the holiday season, and they take full advantage it. Burglars know that there are many expensive items in homes and cars during the holidays.
Your home or renter’s insurance will provide coverage for theft or loss if you have the coverage. Now would be a good time to call us for a free personal insurance review. Whether you are holiday shopping at the mall, online, or a little of both, keeping yourself and your personal information safe is important. Here are a few holiday shopping safety tips:
Holiday Shopping Safety
Always be aware of your surroundings.
Lock your shopping bags in your trunk.
Never allow children to make unaccompanied trips to the restroom.
Never leave car doors unlocked or windows open.
Always park in lighted areas. DO NOT park in remote areas.
Shop with a friend.
Teach your child to go to a store clerk and ask for help in case your child is separated from you.
Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
Keep receipts in your wallet or purse.
Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
As you return to your car, make sure to keep your car key in your hand.
An Auto Insurance Update
Everyone likes to get the best possible combination of price and coverage on their auto insurance. For the most part, your auto insurance is based on your driving record and the type of vehicle insured. There are a few things you can control when it comes to purchasing auto insurance. Many insurers offer a variety of discounts that can affect your auto insurance premium savings. Discounts may vary from insurer to insurer.
- Good student discount. For teen drivers, this can save hundreds of dollars. Typically, if your student maintains an A or B average, the discount will apply.
- Multi-policy discounts. Most insurance providers offer discounts to customers who carry more than one line of insurance with them.
- Drivers education courses. Many insurers offer discount if drivers have taken driver’s education courses.
- Military discount. Many insurers offer discounts for military service.
- Equipment discounts. If your vehicle has special safety equipment, you may be eligible for discounts.
Call our office for more information on how these discounts may apply to your situation.
Locally owned and operated out of Dallas, Texas, Nichols Insurance Services provides quality insurance products for individuals and businesses throughout North Texas, including cities as McKinney, Allen, Frisco, Prosper, Celina, Wylie, Plano and more. We combine our strong insurance background, product knowledge and insurance company relationships to assist both current and future clients to manage and plan for all types of potential risk.
Visit our website at http://www.nicholsinsurance.net.
When it comes to purchasing auto insurance, having options can be a very important way to save money. Putting money back in your pocket is one of our primary goals. We know and understand the auto insurance market. This allows us to provide you with the best possible combination of pricing, coverage and service.
Auto insurance rates differ from company to company, so it really pays to have us shop your insurance. Some markets offer better rates for trucks, RV and campers, while others can offer better rates for motorcycles.
How to reduce your auto premium
There are many things you can do to keep your auto rates at the lowest level possible.
- Review your deductibles. According to the Insurance Information Institute, raising your deductible from $200 to $500 could reduce your Collision and Comprehensive costs by 15 to 20 percent.
- Encourage your student driver to get the best grades possible. Most major insurance companies offer a discount for students in good academic standing.
- Select a safe car. Check out which cars are popular with thieves and avoid them. Also, the more expensive the car, the higher the premiums.
- Be a safe driver. The more accidents and tickets you have, the higher the premiums will be.
- Purchase a car with an alarm or LoJack. LoJack® Stolen Vehicle Recovery System provides car owners with peace of mind knowing that if their vehicle is stolen, they have the best chance of getting it back.
- Be loyal. Many auto insurance companies offer loyalty discounts if you stay with them over time.
- Check for other auto insurance discounts. These might include taking safe driver courses, senior discounts and more.